You have searched for Production and Operation Management Notes and Here is your answer. Get the Complete Guide for Production and Operation Management Notes for BBA, B.COM and MBA Students from Glad Tutor.
But before that, Let’s Quickly know the Definition of Production and Operation Management.
Acc. To E.S. Buffa, “Production is a process through which goods and services are created.”
Acc. To E.L. Brech, “Production and Operation Management is the process of Effective Planning and reflecting the Operation of that section of an enterprise which is responsible for the actual transformation of raw material into finished goods”
To become specialized in managing the production and Operations of a Firm, one needs to have thorough knowledge about this. For that, We will provide you with the Complete Notes of Production and Operation Management for B.COM, BBA and MBA Students. These Notes are handmade notes covered all the Topics of Production and Operation Management. We have also included Diagrams and Charts for better understanding. In that, you will also get the Model Question Papers of Production and Operation Management.
Production and Operation Management PDF Notes Topics
Want to Know What Topics You will get in your PDF notes. So, Let’s know the Topics of Production and Operation Management.
Unit- 1: Production- Definition, Nature, Scope and Importance, Production as a Functional Area of Management, Production Types- Job, Batch and Flow Production, Types of Production System- Intermittent and Continuous Production System, Advantages and Disadvantages.
Unit-2: Plant Location and Plant Layout- Meaning, Need, Types of Plant Layout, Material Handling, Inventory Management- Meaning, Need, Costs associated with inventory Management, Techniques of Inventory Management- JIT, EOQ, Determination of Stock Level, ABC Analysis, FSN Analysis, the Difference between Traditional Inventory Techniques and JIT
Unit-3: Production Forecasting – Concept, Importance and Methods, Production Planning, Production Control, Master Production Scheduling, Material Requirement Planning (MRP)
Unit-4: Method Study- Concept, Application, Procedure, Relevance of Forms, Charts and Reports, Work Measurement Time Study- Concept, Application, Procedure, Determination of Actual, Standard and Normal Time, Performance Rating and Work Sampling
Unit-5: Total Quality Management: Meaning, Elements, Importance, Approaches and Benefits, Six Sigma- Meaning, History, Importance, Advantages, Six Sigma in India, Statistical Quality Control– Meaning, Causes of Variations, Control Charts for Variables and Attributes, Acceptance Sampling.
If you find any Topic Missing, you can contact me via email. I will add that Topic also.
Overview of Production and Operation Management Lecture Notes
Glad Tutor provides you with the Overall Notes of Production and Operation Management. These Notes are prepared according to the syllabus of the Management Courses. Here, We will provide you with the Production and Operation Management PDF Notes. This will include the Previous Question Paper of this subject also.
So, Get the Complete Notes by the Button Below
Want to Ask a Question?
Q- How I will get the Notes?
Ans- You will get the Notes in PDF Format. When you will buy the Notes, You will get the Notes immediately in your Email address which you will provide us while payment period.
Q- I am a B.COM Student. Will it be useful for me??
Ans- Yes, We have prepared our Notes for all the B.COM, BBA and MBA Students. It will be one of the best investments for you.
Q- Have You included the Charts and Diagrams of the Types of Method Study?
Ans- Yes, We have explained the Types/Techniques of Method Study is detailed with Charts and Diagrams also.
Still judging the quality of our Notes?? So, Let’s have a Brief Intro about the Production and Operation Management which will cover its key aspects. So, Let’s start with the meaning-
Production refers to the process through which goods and services are created effectively and efficiently.
The Process of managing the various activities of Production such as Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Directing and Controlling is known as Production Management.
Nature of Production Management
- Results in Value Addition- If Raw Material is purchased from the right source at the right price in right form, it will results in more quality products at lesser prices which will result in the value addition.
- Decision-Making System- Production Management is done accurately if Production Manager takes the correct decision. It will be correct if the decision will be biased in all the steps of Production Process from the Raw Material to the Finished Goods stage.
- Inter-disciplinary Function- Production Management can’t be efficiently done by itself. It also depends upon the other Departments like Finance, Marketing and HR.
- Transforming Process- Production Management is a transforming process through which raw material is converted into semi-finished and finished goods.
- Operation Function– Production management helps in controlling the day-to-day operations of goods and services by monitoring the production process.
- Part of General Management- Production Process also uses the same General Management Functions. Even it’s a part of General Management. It includes all the Managerial Activities- Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Directing and Controlling in the production activities.
Importance of Production and Operation Management
The Production and Operation Management is important because of it-
- The accomplishment of the Firm’s Objective.
- Enhances the Reputation, Goodwill of the Company.
- It helps to introduce New Product because it conducts R&D collectively.
- It supports other functional areas like Marketing, Finance, advt. and the sales department.
- Optimum Utilization of resources.
- Helps to face competition. If Efficient Management is not there, then it is not possible to face the competition because Best Quality and Competitive Products are the need of every business.
Questions asked in Exams
- What are the different types of Production Systems? Explain along with their Advantages and Disadvantages.
- Explain the Production Management as a Functional Area of Management.
- How Important the Location Decisions in Production Management?? Identify the Important factors that should consider while choosing the Plant Location.
- Why Forecasting is important for Production and Operation Management?? Discuss some Techniques of Demand Forecasting.
- Explain the Objectives and Methods of Material Requirement Planning(MRP).
- What are the objectives of Method Study?? How it is Conducted?? Explain the Charts and Diagrams of Method Study.
- What is Statistical Quality Control?? What are the Causes of Variations in Quality?? Explain in Detail.
- Explain TQM- Meaning, Elements, Importance, Approaches.
So, What you are thinking now?? Get the Complete Answer of these Questions by our Complete Lecture Notes of Production and Operation pdf Notes.
Share this post to those who want Production and Operation Management Notes. If you have any query, you can ask in the Comment Box or you can also contact me via mail.