Before listening to the tips, First, I want to tell you my Personal Story How I have overcome my Public Speaking Fear.
So, Let’s Go Back to the Past. If I talk about Myself, I have a Big Public Speaking Fear or You can say My Public Speaking Skills was not good. When I got Admission in BBA, I haven’t any Specific Goal in My life or Any Specific Purposes to Do that Course.
In My First lecture, When our Teachers told about Syllabi that the Students have to give Public Speaking, PPTs in the Class every week which was very much necessary to polish your Public Speaking Skills.
But at that time, I became Tensed and A Fear of Public Speaking came into my mind which is also known as Glossophobia. I was Coming Back from my Department and I was going to the Hostel with my Friend.
Even I had made a Thought in My Mind to Leave the Dept. and Migrate to My Hometown Panipat. But Suddenly What Happened, My Friend’s Cousin meet us in the way.
I really don’t like him because of laughing every time on any reason. My Friend told Our Whole Problem to him.
He never gives any Good Advice. But What He said on that Day was totally changed my Life. He told me that If You have problem about these things, then Why you are paying Extra Fees.
You can also get Admission in your Local City College. If You’ll run away from any fear like this, you’ll never be able to achieve something in your Life.
What I have learned from that day is Conquering the Public Speaking Fear is not a Big Challenge. Big Challenge is to control our Inner Thoughts. If You worry so much about your upcoming Future Fear, you will not be able to live better in the present.
It doesn’t mean You can conquer your Public Speaking in one day. When it comes, You have to just face that fear and give your Best. Don’t worry I will help you in this by my tips.
After that Day, I stopped worrying and face that Fear and I gave My First Speech in my Class.
I have Prepared for my Speech and You know My First Public Speaking was so good that My Communication Teacher became so much impressed by my Public Speaking Skills.
You All are Thinking that How I overcame my Public Speaking Fear and become a Fearless Public Speaker.
So, Let’s Get Started.
Firstly Let’s Discuss Why so many people have Public Speaking Fear.
Why are so many people afraid of Public Speaking?
The Reason why so many peoples have Public Speaking Fear because when people go for first time, they usually cram the speech.
Public Speaking doesn’t mean to read from the paper. Public Speaking means to convey your thoughts in such a way so that the other person will be motivated or get some helpful information from you.
When People go to the Stage by cramming the words, they suddenly got blanked by seeing the public and their body start getting shivering which everyone says Public Speaking fear.
“Public Speaking is the Biggest Fear even than the Death”
This Quote said by a very Famous Author Glenn Crosten.
But Don’t worry. You can overcome your Public Speaking Fear by my 10 Tips.
10 Tips to Overcome Public Speaking fear Tips
1. Take a Deep Breath- The first you have to do before going on the Stage, You have to take two-three Deep Breath. It will Relax your Heart Beats which was continuously beating because of your nervousness.
2. Move Your Hands Freely- The main reason for Trembling of Your Hands or Legs is that You give Speech by Sitting Straight. It decreases our Confidence.
But If You move your hands freely or covering the stage by moving on the Stage, Your trembling will go forever. An Inner Confidence automatically will come in you.
3. Come 10-15 min before Speech- Try to come 10-15 min before your Speech so that You can check the Mic Sound and all which will make you feel relaxed. So many times You have also observed when you reach on time for your speech and next turn is yours. At that moment, you were in hurry and not able to feel relax before your speech which is very much necessary.
4. Do Practice in Mirror- Seeing Yourself in Mirror is like Speaking in front of 1000 peoples who are actually transparent. If You practice in Mirror, You will actually see Your mistakes and can Improve them easily.
5. Try to Ask Questions- An Effective Public Speaking will be that speech where there is Good Interaction between the Both Sides- the Audience and the Speaker.
So, Asking Questions from the Audience will give you Confidence because You are actually Engaging with your Audience and you came to know others are Understanding Your Interest.
6. Visualize Yourself- When You Prepare for your Speech, Visualize yourself that You are giving a Great Speech, Everyone around you is Appraising you and many more.
7. Be Yourself- As Bill Gates said,
“Don’t Compare Yourself with others, If you’re doing this, It means You’re Insulting Yourself.”
Not in case of only Public Speaking,
In Any work, Don’t Compare Yourself. If You are different from others, It doesn’t mean You are wrong.
Just Think You are You. Nobody can be like You.
8. Don’t Memorize- Speaking On Dias isn’t like writing in an Exam. Here, You will have to say some of your Own Words and come also with the New Example
So, Try to less memorize. Just Understand the Concept and Points in your Mind and Explain it.
9. Use Simple Language- – Don’t Ever Use Any Technical Jaguars while giving Speech. Try to use the Words which can be easily understood to everyone. So, You should use Simple Language as you can use.
10. Ready with Extra Points – – When You go to the Dias, you should know about your Topic and also some extra points in your Mind because you willn’t remember all the words at that time of your Speech. So, always be available with some Extra words.
So, these are the ways in which You can Overcome Your Public Speaking Fear.
How to give an Effective Speech??
There are Basically Two ways to give an Effective Public Speaking Speech-
- Planning and Preparation of Speech
- Delivering the Speech
Planning and Preparation of Speech-
- Decide the Purpose of the Speech- Firstly, There should be one thing in our mind that for What purpose We are giving the Speech either for Informative or Persuasive which will increase the Public Speaking Importance.
- Analyzing the Audience- After Defining the Purpose, You have to analyze the Interests of the Audience, their Language and all.
- Search the Relevant Material- After knowing what your Audience wants from you, then Search the material for your speech.
You can search the material either from the Internet or any Books, Latest Magazines etc
- Organizing Your Speech- Organize the thoughts which are the Main Matter like Include Examples, Write Story, Show the Data by showing Pie-Charts, Graphs etc which will make your Public Speaking Speech Effectively.
- Reviewing Your Speech- After Completing all these steps, Review your Speech so that there shouldn’t be any grammar mistakes etc.
Delivering the Speech-
This Step explains how You should deliver your Speech. It is also divided into three Steps-
- Opening of Speech- We can open the Speech by Saying a Story, Asking Questions, Write any Quotes or tell the Shocking Facts which will Make everyone Attractive to you.
- Actual Delivery- In this, You have to put your all creativity and efforts by which All can be engaged and can Understand easily and also emotionally Connected.
You also have to stress on Important words so that It shouldn’t look like a Monotone Speech and also maintain an Eye Contact with all the audience.
- Closing of Speech- In the Closing of Your Speech, You can Increase your Importance of Public Speaking by using two or three tricks like summarize the points of your Speech, Ask Questions, saying Thank You in the end like Thank you for Being Patient and all.
If You follow all these steps, I assure that You will give an Effective Public Speaking Speech.
In the End I would like to Advise you all that In Your Life, You will See So many fears rather than Public Speaking. But If You’ll run away from the Problem, You can give Excuses to the other peoples. But You can’t satisfy yourself from your Heart unless you Conquered that Fear.
So, Instead of Running away from your Problems, Try to face them and thinks in your Mind that About cross one’s bridges when one comes to them.
Be Glad Instead of Worrying!!
If You Feel this Post Helpful for you then You can Share this so that others can also Like this.
For more Updates, You can Check out our Facebook Page .